Monday, January 16, 2012

Lion King on Broadway - Celebrating 5 Years

September 30, 2011 (This is yet another belated post - before 2012 starts bringing new adventures, I wonder if I could ever catch up on documenting some old ones from 2011.)

Our 5th year anniversary fell on a Friday :) I surprised Andrew with broadway tickets to Lion King. I had wanted to see it ever since Christine raved about it when she saw it a few years ago when we were still in college. We went to see the show right after work and found our relatively good seats in Orchestra Left of the theater. As soon as we sat down, we noticed how small the Minskoff theater was, relative to the Amber theater where we saw Chicago on the Allure of the Seas during our cruise two weeks ago. 

The show was outstanding and I was really impressed by the creativity of the costumes and setting/decorations with each scene, especially given the limited stage space. For many scenes, there was so much activity and creativity going on, it was difficult to capture and absorb in all the details. I was never a fan of the Disney's Lion King when I was young, and still admit that I am not a big fan. I'm more of the princesses and cheesy love stories kinda gal ;) Nonetheless, it was an amazing show because it was just so colorful and creative.

Before the show, excuse the business-y attire (we went right after work!)

Intermission. Cutie alert.

Fancy wood decor

End of show

It was actually pouring that evening and neither of us had an umbrella. We were starving by the time the show was over (the soda and snacks we purchased at intermission did not cut it), so we ran to Shake Shack Times Square and enjoyed classic burgers, fries, and frozen custard. It's funny because we had Shake Shack for our 3 year anniversary when we were still hungry after a sushi dinner at Poke in the UES. How serendipitous<3

Needless to say, we had an amazing anniversary. Happy 5 Years to us :)

1 comment:

  1. aww -- I think the Lion King is still my favorite show hands down... ! glad you guys got tickets for the show.

    ReplyDelete