Sunday, January 1, 2012

Cheers to 2012; New Year Resolutions

Happy 2012!!! I'm not quite sure why this new year feels exceptionally special but it does. It wasn't because 2011 was a terrible year and that I am eager to start anew. As a matter of fact, 2011 was a pretty good year overall. But I have noticed even my facebook feeds seems to show that everyone is really excited for a new year and a new beginning. Cheers to an amazing year ahead!

So I started thinking about my new year resolutions. Here it goes:

  1. Health and Fitness
    • Diet - Eat Better!
      • Eat Breakfast
      • Take Vitamins
      • Eat frequent and smaller meals (every 3 hours)
      • Drink lots and lots of water (ideally a cup when I wake up, a cup before each meal, and one during meal)
      • Vegetarian once a week
      • Limit fried foods and sugary beverages
      • Do not eat 3 hours prior to going to bed
    • Exercise - Be more active!
      • Cardio - 3x/week
      • Yoga - 1x/week
      • Tone - 2x/week
  2. Finances
    • Budgeting
      • Keep a monthly budget, tracking expenses/spending habits
    • Save More
      • Set aside a pre-defined amount to save per month, remainder will be discretionary
    • Buy/Explore Real Estate Market
      • Get pre-approved for a loan (more than 3x banks to compare)
      • Crunch the numbers to see what we can afford
      • Spend 1x/month to lookat properties (i.e., Open House Sundays)
      • Research on purchasing process
  3. Enjoy my youth and life
    • Travel
      • Travel internationally at least 1x/year 
      • Travel domestically at least 2x/year
      • Travel locally at least 4x/year
    • Take more pictures
      • Project 365 (Thanks Diana!)
    • Blog more/document memories
      • Update this blog regularly
      • www.fitastic25.blogspot.com
  4. Professional/Career
    • Continue to identify my passion (Thanks Christine and Rob!)
  5. Self-Development
    • Read more - at least 1 book/quarter
    • Learn how to use make-up better
    • Put more effort into dressing nicely/look more put together/develop personal style
  6. Relationships
    • Spend more time with family and "be present". Enjoy the moment.
    • Be a better girlfriend to Andrew
    • Be a better friend to my close friends
      • Catch up with at least one friend/month
That's all I have for now but it's quite a list. Now I need a plan to keep myself on track and constantly remind myself - please share any suggestions with me in the comments! I'm thinking about printing a copy and pasting it on the wall in front of my desk, and having a smaller version for my little pocket planner/organizer. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. i think it's a fantastic idea. the fact that you have it written down all ready is a step moving fwd. i need to make one too... maybe. or not. =)

    ReplyDelete