Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Feeling healthy and productive

Today was the perfect weekday! I haven't felt this good (physically and mentally) in a long while.

I started to Eat Clean since Sunday. It's been pretty manageable. I think this "diet" may actually work for me because it's not really a diet, but more of a lifestyle to eat better by consuming wholesome foods at regular intervals to keep up the metabolism. I bought the Tosca Reno book on Eating Clean, but still have to finish reading it. I like that there's lots of pictures and recipes :P

So back to why today was so productive - it was mainly because I had a really good workout today with my new personal trainer, Diana Yang. She's a pusher and I love it. To jump to the point, we started running from Andrew's apt at 24th and 3rd, down 2nd Ave to Houston (near Chinatown) and back! And then we went to a 9pm yoga class at Yoga Vida Union Square (I decided to purchase a 10 class package because I actually really love this yoga studio). Talk about a good workout! My personal trainer took note that we ran 2.66 miles in total - ran 1 mile downtown nonstop, walked for a bit, and then ran 1 mile nonstop back uptown. It was awesome! I need more of these kind of days.

Overall, I had a really productive day. I woke up early to cook myself oatmeal and eggs before leaving the house for work. On my commute in, I managed to not nap on the train and read my Tosca Reno book for a bit. Work was productive and slow (which I don't mind) and we heard back from our loan officer that our mortgage applications were ready for us to review and sign. I ate pretty consistently today, about every 3 hours or so. After work, I met up with Diana at 7pm at for our aforementioned workout. I randomly bumped into my cousin Peter, as I was walking back from yoga class at Union Square. By then it was a little after 10, and he came to over for a bit to check out the apt and catch up. It was perfect timing as Andrew just got back from basketball. I ate 2 egg whites for dinner as there really was nothing to eat and showered after. I was on a role, because I still managed to organize my "closet" at Andrew's that's been a complete mess since forever and I've bee wanting to just pull everything out and organize it. Andrew said he was hungry so I quickly whipped up some pasta for him (while I was drooling over it, but no simple carbs! Especially after 11pm!). 

What a good day. *happy sigh* Oh, AND I blogged.

Thanks for the great workout Diana! <3

1 comment:

  1. Great run. We need to do this again. Saturday, after the garden? Or maybe before the garden? We got to get you ready for the 5M, not 5K race this June.

    ReplyDelete