Sunday, March 4, 2012

Big Birthday Weekend

I organized a surprise birthday gathering for Andrew's 25th. I'm not a good liar so the gathering came at slightly less than a surprise but Andrew enjoyed it nonetheless :) We had dinner at Zero Otto Nove in Flatiron. It was a nice casual classy Italian restaurant and had really great pizza and food overall.

We went back to the apartment for cake. I got him the blackout cake from Two Little Red Hens from the UES. Linda got me the same cake for my 24th birthday and I loved it. It's unbelievablely moist and rich. It is hands down the best cake I've ever had. I added some finishing touches with these adorable basketball candles. I know Andrew loved basketball since forever but I can't help but think of Jeremy Lin when I see these candles.


We headed downtown to Coopers for drinks and to hang out. It was a nice casual spot for a crowd our age. We saw a few friends from DSP as well so that was unexpectedly interesting.


Ended the night with some Artichoke pizza. Oh, it is so good. Best pizza ever.


Andrew and I spent a good chunk of the rest of the weekend apartment hunting. We mainly were looking in the UES. Josie stopped by the apartment to pick up some stuff for her trip to Mexico and we chatted for a while.

On Sunday, we had brunch at Jane's for Christine's 26th birthday. It was a fun, lively restaurant with a great brunch selection. It was fun to catch up and see everyone in a small group setting. I ordered the Benedict Johnny -


Our lovely party. Happy Birthday Christine! <3

What an awesome weekend!

4 comments:

  1. hey...is tha ilya? mm the blackout cake is good. happy birthday andrewwwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it's Ilya. You don't recognize him??

    ReplyDelete