Saturday, March 24, 2012

Strolling Around and Good Eats in NYC

March 18, 2011

Diana came apartment hunting with Andrew and I on Sunday afternoon but we didn't see anything we liked. Our heart was still with an apartment that we saw earlier in our search. The weather was sunny and cool, the perfect day to casually stroll around. We went to Stuytown to meet Ilya and Andrew and Ilya threw a football around Stuytown campus while Diana and I went to get some froyo. We walked to 16 Handles and each got a huge tub with one too many toppings - so much for "healthy" alternative to ice cream. I was so full after.


16 Handles froyo

Andrew went back to his apartment to "study" while Diana and I went to meet Josie at Barnes and Noble Union Square. We had the intention to do some career research but had no luck; I don't think any of us were really in the mood. After taking a few personality tests, we gave up. Diana and I headed to Totto Ramen in Hell's Kitchen and Andrew met us there. We waited over an hour for this.

Totto Miso Ramen

It was Andrew's and my first time having Totto Ramen and we enjoyed it. Diana and I got the Totto Miso Ramen and Andrew got the Totto Spicy Ramen. I still am not buying into the whole Japanese Ramen craze but it was still pretty good. IMO, the broth and texture of noodles was better than Ippudo's but the pork belly, egg, and variety of accompanying ingredients are probably inferior to Ippudo. 

2 comments:

  1. totto ramen is amazing!! i seriously love that place. did they really get a C?

    ReplyDelete
  2. their grade was pending....lol

    ReplyDelete